MOBILE UX/UI DESIGNER
AppColony Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Mobile UX/UI Designer for its Victoria, BC location. If you are seriously talented, love design, mobile and technology, and want to be part of an innovative and entrepreneurial company focused on building great mobile products, please review our job opening and contact us. (Permanent/Fulltime).
- Design and prototype interfaces for iOS, Android and the web
- Set the visual tone of a product
- Empathize with the user and design beautiful, usable experiences
- Create information architecture and customer flows
- Continually iterate to design the best possible solution
- Contribute to product strategy
- Work across brand, marketing, business and product teams to create the best experience
- Create and maintain products with real-world users
- Take ownership of entire features or product initiatives from conception to release and beyond
- Work collaboratively with developers
- Ideate and present new mobile ideas for development consideration
- A desire to innovate and lead.
- Strong and opinionated visual design with a solid foundation in typography and layout
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and critical thinking capabilities
- An understanding that design is not just how it looks but how it acts, works and feels
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
- Strong understanding of product development
- Intellectual curiosity and a sense of craftsmanship
- Understanding of content strategy
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Proficiency in a prototyping tool (Flinto, Origami, Keynote, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web/mobile standards (Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Android Material Design), trends, techniques and best practices, with the ability to invent with them and not be limited.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as individually
- Dedication to turn around outstanding work under tight deadlines
- Icon Design and Interface Language
- Understanding of motion and animation fundamentals
- Understanding of the nuances of web technologies across browsers and devices
- Conduct competitive, quantitative and user research
- Generate insights that evaluate designs and fuel ideation
- Conduct usability testing
- Familiarity with Xcode Interface Builder, HTML, CSS, Omnigraffle
Located in Victoria, Calgary and Toronto, AppColony is an elite collective of experienced strategists, designers and technologists brought together from some of the most successful digital companies in the world, to create and develop innovative, mobile products and solutions.
We believe in the power of mobile and understand that it’s radically reshaping how people interact with the world. We draw on consumer insights and combine technology, strategy and design in a thoughtful way to solve problems for our clients and turn our own ideas into reality.
Our West Coast office is located on Wharf Street, in the heart of downtown Victoria, BC, Canada. Overlooking the Inner Harbor and surrounded by proudly local restaurants, bars and shops, AppColony recently set up shop on the island, realizing that the combination of a thriving tech industry, amazing talent, unbeatable lifestyle and climates that allow for surfing, snowboarding, sailing and golfing all on the same weekend in December, was pretty hard to beat.
Please send portfolio and resume to Darren Delichte, Executive Creative Director.