Full Stack Developer
AppColony is looking for a talented, experienced, developer to help build and enhance our flagship product, MakeShift. MakeShift is a scheduling and time tracking system with various add-ons and integrations. We are looking for a software developer with intermediate/senior level of experience to help us continue to grow and scale out product. We need someone who:
- Gets excited about making great web apps with thoughtfully designed APIs & services.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving with a desire to dig in when facing a challenge.
- Enjoys development incorporating software best practices (TDD, CI, Pairing, Code Review).
- Is self-motivated, and is able to clearly communicate with various groups and individuals.
- Comfortable designing databases, optimizing queries and exploring new tools/techniques.
- Has a passion for building user interfaces.
Day-to-day activities may include developing new features and integrations, collaborating on architecture, debugging production issues, reviewing code and deploying services. We welcome (and debate) new ideas for coding styles, development patterns and techniques. Our MakeShift development team is small but experienced and have a wide range of freedom to wear different hats and explore solutions to tasks in various ways.
As a small startup, we are always looking for tools and tech that will improve our productivity and solve problems gracefully. Our current platform is mostly Ruby on Rails along with production services in Elixir. We also feature a set of native apps for both iOS and Android and have internal tools developed using a variety languages and frameworks.
Skills & Requirements:
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 4 or more years experience developing web apps (Rails experience a big plus).
- Experience creating RESTful JSON APIs for mobile clients.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies like HTML5, JS/ES6, CSS/Sass.
- Experience deploying and maintaining backend web services.
- A good understanding of SQL and database design.
- Communication skills, and a comfortable attitude towards collaborating and talking through problems.
- Source control and code management techniques (Git, GitHub, documentation, etc.).
- You’re active on GitHub or Stack Overflow. Send us your username.
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Passion for UI/UX
We are building a great culture with great perks:
- No pure managers – everyone contributes
- Everyone is responsible for coming up with great ideas and everyone’s input is heard
- Continual learning
- Full benefits package
- Retina MacBook Pros and 27″ monitors for all developers
Our office in Victoria, BC features:
- Creative, fun and innovative atmosphere
- Personal growth and improvement mindset
- Dedicated focus on staff engagement and fulfillment
- Lounge area with snacks, pool table and foosball
- Free gym, showers and bike lock-up area
- Amazing view of the harbour; walking distance to everything
AppColony Inc. is headquartered in Victoria at:
1019 Wharf Street, Suite 500
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8W 2Y9
If you are interested in this great opportunity and meet all the qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Job Posting 1002.